Articles tagged with: Beau Rivage
Poker Life »
I have been at the Beau Rivage for a week today. I made an early exit from today’s $555 deep stack NLH event when I was unable to recover from loosing with my pocket King’s.
I took to my room to catch up on some paperwork and quickly got bored so now I sit at the 2/5 no limit hold ‘em cash game.
I am going to get reacquainted with some old poker buddies and hopefully meet some new ones. I’d love to meet the wallet of several visiting guests at the Beau’s tables.
Come to Momma.
YOUR MOMENT HAS ARRIVED! Want to learn tricks of the trade and match your skills, stamina and luck against the best in the hot seats to Vanessa Rousso’s BIG SLICK BOOT CAMP, to be held at Beau Rivage, where she’ll be your personal poker instructor for the day. We’ll be giving away six (6) seats on Facebook and six (6) seats on Twitter beginning January 6 – 18, 2010. Don’t miss out on this opportunity ($300 value).
HOW TO PARTICIPATE: It’s simple! All you have to do is mention the BIG SLICK BOOT CAMP @beaurivagepoker in Biloxi! Whether you blog, twitter or comment on our Beau Poker Facebook or Twitter pages– we want to hear about it! This time we’re following YOU! Each day, we’ll select winners at random who have made comments about the BIG SLICK BOOT CAMP or @beaurivagepoker at Beau Rivage. The winners will be notified via Facebook and Twitter on January 6, 8, 11, 13, 15 and 18, 2010. Contest ends on January 18 at 11:59pm CST. GOOD LUCK!
*HINT: Get noticed by informing us of your post, whether you use the @beaurivagepoker hash tag, copy and paste your post on our wall, retweet or send us the link to your blog. That’ll definitely boost your chances in winning.
ABOUT VANESSA ROUSSO: Rousso has earned more than $4 million in poker tournaments since she began playing professionally in 2006. A Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition model and www.GoDaddy.com spokeswoman, Rousso has turned her attention to a cutting-edge approach to poker instruction. Her poker curriculum allows participants to learn high-level poker strategy and game theory in an interactive learning environment, that includes learn-by doing simulations and educational sessions. For more information about “Lady Maverick” and her boot camp, check out www.bigslickbootcamp.com
CONTEST RULES: 1. Eligibility. Participation open only to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States and the District of Columbia, who are 21 years of age or older as of the date of entry. Void outside of the 48 contiguous United States and the District of Columbia, and where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law.
2. How to Enter. The Giveaway will begin on Wednesday, January 5, 2010 at 12:00 pm CST and will end on Monday, January 18, 2010 at 11:59 p.m. CST. To enter the contest go www.beaupoker.com and follow the directions.
3. Prize. Twelve (12) winners will each receive: – One (1) ticket to Vanessa Rousso’s BIG SLICK BOOT CAMP at Beau Rivage Southern Poker Championship, scheduled to take place at 11:30a – 6:00pm on Friday, January 22, 2010. Winner must be at least 21 years old as of January 22, 2010. Prizes are non-transferable. No substitutions or cash redemptions. Prizes may not be sold, bartered or transferred. Prizes do not include any additional expenses, including, but not limited to incidentals, hotel/motel accommodations, meals, telephone charges, travel insurance, souvenirs, air or ground transportation, federal, state and local sales or other taxes and surcharges which are the responsibility of each winner. One prize, per person, during promotional period.
4. Random Drawing/Odds: Winners will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received through January 5-18, 2010. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. The winners will be notified by Facebook and Twitter and if a winner cannot be contacted within twenty-four (24) hours of first notification attempt, the prize will be forfeited and an alternative winner may be selected from all remaining eligible entries. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Giveaway.
5. Conditions: All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Participation in this Sweepstakes and acceptance of prize constitutes winner’s permission for Sponsor to use his/her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information and/or any statements made by winner and winner’s guest regarding the Sweepstakes or Sponsor for advertising and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. A purchase does not increase odds of winning.
6. Beau Rivage Resort & Casino reserves the right to investigate any and all complaints and disputes regarding tournaments, promotions and drawings. Management reserves the right to cancel, change and modify the tournament, promotion or drawing at any time.
Prize Redemption: Winners will be able to pick up their tickets at the Big Slick Poker Boot Camp booth on the Beau Rivage convention level, Wednesday, Jan. 20 4pm-1-pm, Thursday, Jan. 21 10 am-10pm and Friday, Jan. 22 10 am-11:30 am. Winners will need to provide a valid photo identification to receive their ticket.
I am taking some time off from traveling sooooooooo much. My granddaughter, Addyson, is two years old. It’s time for this Grandma to help create traditions for Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. And, yes, she is the most beautiful toddler in the world.
My next planned poker trip will be in January. I will be playing the WPT Southern Poker Championship at the Beau Rivage Casino. The main event starts on January 24th with plenty of great preliminary events. Get more information at this link: http://www.worldpokertour.com.
I’m on dinner break. I am using this time to lay down and rest. I was down to 2800 chips before break. With blinds of 800/1500/200, I shoved it in with Q8 spades with an UTG limper. The big blind and the limper both call. The flop brings all red cards, 3 K 2. The big blind bets 6,000 and the UTG player folds. The turn is a brick and the river is a glorious queen. I more than triple up thanks to the inexperienced tournament player, who bet with air. Now if I can just win the next hand I play, I will be back in the game.
My soft table has morphed into a challenging table. Several good thinking players have replaced those who have been knocked out. Wish me luck as I go back fighting for my tournament life.
9/4/09 7:38 am
I packed until two am under the watchful eye of Kitty-Kitty. It is always a challenge to pack for long trip. I never know what I’ll feel like wearing when I get there…so I try to fit my entire wardrobe in one large suitcase. I finally decided to make this primarily “black” trip. By selecting a color for the trip, I am able to limit the number of shoes required.
Just as I drift off to sleep, it is time to hit the road. I am looking forward to a long nap during the trip!! We left home around 6 m, stopping at the 7-11 for gas, and then onto McDonalds to fill my tank. I devoured a Big Breakfast and downed yummy sweet tea. I am lying in the back seat while My Love drives me.
We will stop in Tallahassee to see where the kids are living. Three of our children are sharing an apartment. Can’t wait to see them!! My eldest daughter and her husband share an apartment with Miss Independent and Kaleb. Three Delk’s sharing a home without their parental units. There’s got be a reality TV show in there somewhere.
I was well prepared for today’s event. I had a great table draw. It was a very late breaking table and I was in the one seat. I know lots of people do not like this seat because it is hard to see everyone. But I find the lack of players on both sides to be calming. Plus this particular seat one provided me with a clear view of the entire room. I was able to people watch to my heart’s content.
I try to make a few more hands, but had to abandon them due to heavy action. My stack bleeds down to a M of 6. I am looking for any unopened pot to get my tiny stack in with. I am in late position with a j, 10 suited and the pot has been unopened. I bet half of my stack, planning to shove on any flop. I have one caller. I hit a jack on the flop and my opponent checks to me. I shove the rest of my chips. My opponent goes into the tank and makes what appears a crying call. She has AJ. She lets out a huge sigh and exclaims, “I was convinced you had pocket jacks.” I do not improve and make an early exit from the tournament.
Unfortunately, the poker gods did not shine on me for long today. I started off very well. I won many pots, most without a showdown. Those that were shown down were monsters. My image was very strong. I overheard one of the ladies saying to her neighbor that she had to take a break because she was intimated playing with me. This gal has a wonderful rail bird in her life; evidently he told her that she knew how to play, to get back in there and just to play her game. Whenever you are on tilt or intimated on the felt, you should just go back to basics. Play YOUR basics, your game, whatever style that may be. The familiarity of this regimented play will center you. Once settled, you can expand your game.